PHOTO CREDIT:© Gordon Upton / guppypix.com
- The highest strength-to-weight ratio.
- Minimal friction loss, especially when working at high loads.
- Totally reliable and trouble free performance.
- Simplicity of design and construction to facilitate maintenance and servicing.
- Elegant, functional styling and finish.
||Sheave Ø||Max. Rope Ø||Max. Cable Ø||Pin Ø||M.W.L.||B. L.||Weight
Orbit Blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectations of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners. The Orbit sheave has captive ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio.
Due to their direct attachment capability Lashing blocks are extremely versatile. They can accept multiple lashing lines at the head and the hollow hub can be utilised as a becket take-off. Unlike others on the market, these hollow hubs feature large radii to minimise rope fatigue.
For comprehensive installation instructions see:
- Fully machined Alloy cheek plates
- Alloy sheaves with captive ball races
- Torlon® needle rollers
- Acetal guide rollers