Type 2 turnbuckles are traditional closed body turnbuckles with polished Chrome plated, high grade Brass bodies and Grade 316 stainless steel end fittings. This combination of materials avoids the risk of excessive thread wear or seizure under load, which can occur in turnbuckles with all stainless steel components. After tensioning, internally tapered locking nuts secure the adjustment. Sight holes are provided in the bodies to verify adequate thread engagement. For easy thread identification, a machined groove identifies the left-hand thread locking nut and body end.
- Range offers large adjustment to wire rigged boats from dinghies through to keelboats
- Chrome plated brass bodies
- Grade 316 stainless steel forks
- Grade 316 stainless steel eyes
- Chrome plated brass locking nuts