Ideal for tensioning over a short distance, where no cables are required. These turnbuckles have a sleek, modern profile with no sharp edges. They are easily adjusted by turning the unique coupling nut, which is free to rotate on the turnbuckle barrel, and are secured with a quick turn on the cone shaped locking nut. A sight hole is provided in the coupling nut to verify adequate thread engagement. With single end adjustment and a fine thread, Type 1 turnbuckles are much easier to adjust than conventional turnbuckles, and the use of dissimilar but compatible metals for the threaded components avoids the risk of thread seizure. Toggles are designed with full universal movement for easy installation and connection and allow the assembled cable to move where the structure is subject to wind loads or vibration.
- Range offers large adjustment to wire rigged boats from dinghies through to keelboats
- Grade 316 stainless steel bodies and terminals
- Electroless Nickel plated bronze coupling nuts
- Chrome plated brass bodies
- Grade 316 stainless steel toggles
- Grade 316 stainless steel terminals
- Electroless Nickel plated brass locking nuts