ClearStart™ Watches & Timers
- Specialist Sailing Timer Functions including:
- Countdown repeat option or
- Countdown and Up to show elapsed time for handicap races
- 5,4,1,0 ISAF start sequence pre-programmed with audible warning signals (can be silenced if preferred)
- 5 minute, 3 minute and multiples of 1 minute programs as well
- “Sync" button for instant synchronisation if a gun is missed
- Shock Resistant Construction
- ABS Case with integrated soft touch PU Strap
- Heavy-duty stainless steel buckle
- Prominent red start/stop button
- 26mm (1”) round display size
- Large 10mm (3/8”) digit height
- Electro-luminescent backlight feature
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m, 150ft)
- Calendar Function (date/month or month/date)
- Daily alarm function (for wake up calls etc)
- Chronograph/stop watch function
The Ronstan range of Clear Start ™ sailing timers and watches cover an array of styles, sizes and functions which cater for all needs. With every aspect of race timing covered plus every-day watch modes, and without the clutter of confusing and unnecessary functions every sailor will find a Clear Start™ model to enhance their on water performance.
Accurate measurement of elapsed time to 59 minutes and 59 seconds with the touch of a button
Clear Start ™ watches and timers come pre-programmed with 4 standard period options; 1 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute and the ISAF 5,4,1,0 sequence. It is also possible to choose multiples of 5 and 1 minutes. A sound signal is given each minute and at the last 50, 40, 30, 20 seconds inn countdown mode as well as each of the final 15 seconds. These alarms signals are unique for each of the nominated time points so that time remaining can be identified without looking at the watch, or the sound signals can be turned off if required.
Countdown Repeat or Count Down and Up Timer
Counts down from a start time specified by you. Clear Start™ watches and timers can be set to either auto repeat the countdown at the end of the cycle, or to begin counting up (elapsed time).
This handy function allows you to resynchronise with if you feel you were slightly late initiating countdown on the preparatory signal of if you missed it all together. At the press of a button the timer will drop down to the next full minute allowing you to get your starting sequence quickly in perfect unison with the official starter.
Times can be displayed in either 12-hour or 24-hour format.
The "ATM" value indicates the number of atmospheres to which water resistance is ensured. Watches marked 5ATM have the same water resistance as "50m" watches. Watches marked 10ATM have the same water resistance as "100m" watches.
All Clear Start ™ watches and timers use a readily available 3.0 volt CR2032 Lithium battery. Note – the battery should only be replaced by a qualified watchmaker/service centre.
An electro-luminescent panel causes the entire face to glow for easy reading. Clear Start™ watches have an after-glow feature that keeps the EL backlight turned on for approximately three seconds after the ‘PROG’ button is pressed.
The daily alarm sounds each day at the time you set.
Can be set with either the English date then month, format, or American month then date format.