ClearStart™ Watches & Timers
- Specialist Sailing Timer Functions including:
- Countdown repeat option or
- Countdown and Up to show elapsed time for handicap races
- 5,4,1,0 ISAF start sequence pre-programmed with audible warning signals (can be silenced if preferred)
- 5 minute, 3 minute and multiples of 1 minute programs as well
- “Sync" button for instant synchronisation if a gun is missed
- Shock Resistant Construction
- Large 65mm (2 9/16”) overall ABS case
- 38mm x 20mm (1 ½” x ¾”) display size
- Massive 16mm (5/8”) digit height
- Easy-hit oversize controls, including prominent red start/stop button
- Adjustable viewing angle
- Spar/hull mounting options
- Elasticated strap for wrist or over sleeve wearing
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m, 150ft)
- Chronograph/stop watch function
The Ronstan range of Clear Start ™ sailing timers and watches cover an array of styles, sizes and functions which cater for all needs. With every aspect of race timing covered plus every-day watch modes, and without the clutter of confusing and unnecessary functions every sailor will find a Clear Start™ model to enhance their on water performance.
Accurate measurement of elapsed time to 59 minutes and 59 seconds with the touch of a button
Clear Start ™ watches and timers come pre-programmed with 4 standard period options; 1 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute and the ISAF 5,4,1,0 sequence. It is also possible to choose multiples of 5 and 1 minutes. A sound signal is given each minute and at the last 50, 40, 30, 20 seconds inn countdown mode as well as each of the final 15 seconds. These alarms signals are unique for each of the nominated time points so that time remaining can be identified without looking at the watch, or the sound signals can be turned off if required.
Countdown Repeat or Count Down and Up Timer
Counts down from a start time specified by you. Clear Start™ watches and timers can be set to either auto repeat the countdown at the end of the cycle, or to begin counting up (elapsed time).
This handy function allows you to resynchronise with if you feel you were slightly late initiating countdown on the preparatory signal of if you missed it all together. At the press of a button the timer will drop down to the next full minute allowing you to get your starting sequence quickly in perfect unison with the official starter.
Times can be displayed in either 12-hour or 24-hour format.
The "ATM" value indicates the number of atmospheres to which water resistance is ensured. Watches marked 5ATM have the same water resistance as "50m" watches. Watches marked 10ATM have the same water resistance as "100m" watches.
All Clear Start ™ watches and timers use a readily available 3.0 volt CR2032 Lithium battery. Note – the battery should only be replaced by a qualified watchmaker/service centre.
- Dinghies through to keelboats